Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Saving invoice form El...
Finance forum
Answered

Saving invoice form Electronic Reporting as PDF to invoice using E-Invoicing functionality

editSubscribe (2) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 13
Hi all,

I'm currently struggling with an issue I have when saving the invoice as a PDF to the sales order invoice journal as an attachment using the e-invoicing functionality. 
What I would like to achieve is whenever I send a Collection Letter to a customer, I want to add the Invoices of the lines as an attachment with the email to the customer. 
At the moment, saving the invoice as an attachment to the invoice journal seems to work, but since the invoice is built using electronic reporting, the invoice is saved as a Word template instead of a PDF since the template is a Word document. 
Is there a way to force the e-invoicing function to convert the document to PDF? or are there other solutions to make this work?

Thanks in advance!
Categories:
  • Niek Moor Profile Picture
    Niek Moor 13 on at
    Saving invoice form Electronic Reporting as PDF to invoice using E-Invoicing functionality
    Hi Ankit,

This can be done on the customer account using the eInvoice attachment parameter

Greetings,
    Niek
  • Ankit Life Profile Picture
    Ankit Life 563 on at
    Hi Niek,

Could you please share how you to auto attach invoice document on the journal.

Regards,
    Ankit
    Niek Moor 13 on at
    Hi Alireza,

It seems I cannot mark your answer as 'Answer' since it keeps loading when I click on the box.
    But your suggestion worked and it is now saved as a PDF file to the journal.
    Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
    Niek 
    Niek Moor 13 on at
    Hi Alireza,

Ah I see, I will have a look at this function.
    Thanks and I'll let you know if it worked!

Greetings,
    Niek 
    Niek Moor 13 on at
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer!
    I already have a Sales Order Invoice built using ER which is set to be printed as a PDF but is built from a Word Template. 
    The issue is that when creating the Invoice, it generates the PDF which is fine, but it is still saved as a docx file in the attachment of the journal. 
    Is there a way to convert the Word Template to a PDF with the E-Invoicing? 
    It's not an option to recreate the Sales Invoice in a PDF format. 

Greetings,
    Niek 

• Verified answer
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh Profile Picture
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh 10,802 Super User on at
    Hi NM,
    There is a standard function in ER for PDF convert and PDF merger that you can apply to convert the document to PDF.
    More info about this, you can check following post on Microsoft learn:
    Design ER configurations to fill in PDF templates - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
  • Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can refer to this official document: Design ER configurations to fill in PDF templates - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft LearnThe procedures in this article are examples that show how a user in either the System administrator role or the Electronic reporting developer role can configure an Electronic reporting (ER) format that generates reports as PDF files by using fillable PDF documents as report templates. These steps can be performed in any company of Dynamics 365 Finance or Regulatory Configuration Services (RCS).
    Best regards,
    Kevin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,324 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,096 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans