Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / When error in API inte...
Finance forum
Unanswered

When error in API integration for Tier-2 environment, what are the places we need to check ?

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 322
Hi everyone,

I'm new in regards of API integration in D365 FO. Our F&O currently in testing phase with our external party, the test including call D365 custom API from their system. May I know if there are errors when they call our custom API, where I should check to know what is happening ?

The F&O on testing I believe currently is a Tier-2 environment. Other thing that I know is we're using Azure API Management for this, but at this moment, this is all I know. 

The error that we're facing right now is quire strange because if I test is using my DevBox, all is good. But this means I calling to my local end-point https://usnconeboxax1aos.cloud.onebox.dynamics.com//.
The error message is very general like this :
 /Message/: /An exception occured when invoking the operation - Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program./,
 /ExceptionType/: /InvalidProgramException/,
 /ActivityId/: /62f59b73-943d-0000-5be6-a8633d94da01/

And happened to all API that using POST method, which actually before this error happened, all are already tested and run well.

Thanks
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 322 on at
    When error in API integration for Tier-2 environment, what are the places we need to check ?
    Some update, I tried to connect to my Tier-2 Database with my DevBox machine, which mean it run my local code while data is from the Tier-2. 

And running script (runnable class) which calling my custom API service (which produce the error in Postman). Turns out it was fine. 

Can I confirm that the error is not because of my code, then ?

is there something wrong with the API Management setting then ? because I can assume, by calling my custom API from runnable class (job), this is not same as what Postman did when calling the custom API, is it ? can I know the different ?

Thanks

• Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 322 on at
    Hi,

Thanks, however it looks that I don't have msdyn.infolog what I have is ms-dyn-aid

And also the Server-timing, doesn't look like a big value.

So, I'm still not sure what is happening and where exactly to check what is the error. Again I checked from my own devbox, no errors fond in any of this API in troubled. So, it is like only happened in my Tier-2. I have restarted the service in LCS, apparently this also didn't help. 

Am I correct to say, the API services cannot restart ? I think I google something like this and shows me, cannot restart.

• Anthony Blake Profile Picture
    Anthony Blake 859 on at
    I dont think you have an issue with your infolog, but to answer your question the infolog header in the response in the Quesiton you lniked to is in the headers section here:

• Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 322 on at
    I found this old thread, which look similar to my problem :

However may I know where I can see "ms-dyn-infolog header value, " that he talking about ?

Thanks
  • Teevo Profile Picture
    Teevo 322 on at
    Hi Anthony,

If my understanding is correct, what you mean by direct is by calling the F&O directly for example this : https://myuat.sandbox.operations.dynamics.com/

While through APIM is this address : https://api-uat-myapps.domain1.gb    

Hope this is correct ? If yes, then actually both having same error. 

As this screenshot:
    Direct :
    APIM :

Thanks.

• Anthony Blake Profile Picture
    Anthony Blake 859 on at
    Hi Teevo,

Is the error occurring when you connect via APIM but not when you connect directly to the environment?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,361 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans