Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How can know the privi...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

How can know the privileges of action buttons and fields in D365 F&O

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 23
As some forms had been customized by adding new fields and buttons, how can I find what privileges they are? Then, I can grant them to associated roles or duties. Please advise.
  • Suggested answer
    Deepak Agarwal Profile Picture
    Deepak Agarwal 127 on at
    Hello, 

As this is an customization, ideally this should be documented in FDD for developer action.  
    Do you have access to a development environment , there it will be easy to find out. Here are steps to follow in visual studio
    Go to respective form and find the changes you made as extension (you can do that by putting 'E:' in object search bar on top. select the button and right click , find references. This should give you the related security objects details. 
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 2,375 on at
    Hi,

As I know the addresses tab are related to form part, LogisticsPostalAddressGridFormPart this is the menu Item related to that form part. Add this menu item and check all related roles that maybe you need. Start from here and tell me if you want more help.

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue
    ​​​​​​​
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 2,375 on at
    Hi,

As I know the addresses tab are related to form part, LogisticsPostalAddressGridFormPart this is the menu Item related to that form part. Add this menu item and check all related roles that maybe you need. Start from here and tell me if you want more help.

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

• Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Move to Finance Forum.
  • Suggested answer
    Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Layan Jwei 3,011 Super User on at
    Hi Community member,

I don't think addresses is an action menu item. But, if you go to the form, click on options then security diagnostics. You'll be able to see all roles, duties and privileges related to the form

But you won't see the address privilege directly, it will be attached to one of the duties or roles. Most probably the address privileges are those

You can give it a try and see

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future
  • JL-01050104-0 Profile Picture
    JL-01050104-0 23 on at
    Thank Layan's suggestion

I have already looked up the action menu item but cannot find the desired fast tab for granting access

for example, in the form, 'Address' fast tab is present if i login as system administrator. Once, i login as general user, i cannot see the 'Address' fast tab.  How can i find this privileges?

• Suggested answer
    Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Layan Jwei 3,011 Super User on at
    Hi,

I think you mean that the button is linked to an action menu item. In this case go to this action menu item and right click on it and choose find references to see which security privilege it is attached to.

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,324 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,096 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans