Skip to main content

Notifications

Supply Chain Management forum
Answered

Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Implementation Options

editSubscribe (2) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 24

Hello everyone - I'm hoping someone can give me some clarification.

Can you implement Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management without any Dynamics 365 Finance licensing?

My understanding is that the license model was changed so that you can implement either of these products (Finance/Supply Chain Management) as a discrete set of business processes for a solution.  While Finance, Supply Chain Management, Commerce, and Project Operations all exist on the Financial & Operations Apps platform, a customer can implement either subsets of the app services without requiring the other.

Is this the case?  If you don't want to manage a general ledger, can you just use supply chain to manage inventory quantities, warehouse processes, et cetera?

I get that typically you will want to implement the Finance perspective...but what if you don't need it?

• Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Implementation Options
    Hi,

​​​​​​​I facing a problem doing testing on Sandbox with SCM license only.

Unfortunately, even though I have configured SCM functions and posting to ledger set to disable, error still occur and asking for ledger posting setup.
    And in the Sandbox, with SCM license only I still able to use all functions (with Sys. admin role), and this makes me confuse.

Anyone can help me about this? How actually SCM license works? Is it possible only using SCM license and no ledger posting needed?

Thank you in advance.
  • Frappy Profile Picture
    Frappy 24 on at
    RE: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Implementation Options

Thanks André - that makes complete sense and aligns to my expectations as well.

• Verified answer
    Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,361 Super User on at
    RE: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Implementation Options

Hi Frappy,

In theory it is possible, but depending on the scenario there are dependencies. Manage inventory would be possible to run stand-alone. If you want to use sales orders and invoicing, the order and delivery can be done with SCM. The invoice posting itself if part of Finance.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,361 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans