Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / "E-invoicing service w...
Finance forum
Answered

"E-invoicing service workspace designer" feature disabled by Microsoft

editSubscribe (2) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 12
Greetings,

could anyone explain the reasoning behind the following error when trying to enable the /E-invoicing service workspace designer/ feature. So far, I have followed all the steps to enabling this feature. I am on a Tier 2 environment, the Electronic invoicing add-in is installed, Globalization features are enabled. I cannot figure out why this error shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

• Verified answer
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh Profile Picture
    Alireza Eshaghzadeh 10,802 Super User on at
    Hi Darko,
    Please follow the provide steps by Judy and if you see that you cannot still activate this feature, please create a support case for Microsoft to troubleshoot the issue. 
  • HAMMAD Alvi Profile Picture
    HAMMAD Alvi 2 on at
    We had the same issue and we were unable to resolve it by following documents. We raised the support request with Microsoft, they confirmed that it is a deployment issue. MS support team deployed a quick fix to enable the feature for us. This is done in Prod, however we are facing the same again in UAT after we restored Prod to UAT. Raised the request again and waiting for their response.
  • "E-invoicing service workspace designer" feature disabled by Microsoft
    Hi all,
    facing the same issue. I am aware the RCS has been replaced by Globalization Studio (I'm on version 39), however the reason why im interested to enable this mentioned feature is because "Electonic Invoicing" tile within GS is not available to me. Please note that I have enabled rest of the feautures as per documentation.

• Darko Bashukoski Profile Picture
    Darko Bashukoski 12 on at
    Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to try and answer my question. I do understand that RCS is being deprecated. and according to the official docs: Configure Globalization Studio for Electronic invoicing, the feature that I am trying to enable is the workaround. I does not make sense for it to be disabled by default, as it has been added in the latest version 10.0.39. And in the docs, there is no mention of this feature being unavailable at any point. So my question still stands as to why it is disabled.

Furthermore, there is even a video, released one month ago, explaining how to use the feature: Regulatory Configuration Service Merge to Globalization Studio Workspace | TechTalk
  • Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can refer to this official document: Electronic invoicing overview - Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft LearnRegulatory Configuration Service (RCS) will be deprecated. All new RCS provisioning is stopped as of 10.0.39 GA. The feature is disabled by Microsoft, which has often happened in the past, so check to see if there is another solution or workaround.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Verified answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi, based on the MS document, the E-invoicing service workspace designer feature is affected due to RCS.  â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹The E-invoicing service design experience will use the Globalization Studio workspace and will be aligned with the overall RCS merge timeline.
    The reference Documenet:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,318 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,037 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans