Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform integration forum
Unanswered

Use Power Automate to integrate data between Dynamics 365 F&O and On-premise SQL server

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 35

I'm new to Power Automate and I need to establish a bi-directional data flow between an on-premise SQL server and a D365 Finance and Operations cloud database. This involves pushing data from the SQL server to D365 FO and vice versa.

After some research, it seems achievable by setting up a data gateway on the external server (or establishing a direct connection), creating D365 data entities, obtaining an unattended RPA license, and configuring flows using Power Automate Desktop on the on-premise server.

I also require these flows to trigger upon insertion or update of specific fields/tables on both the on-premise and D365 sides. While I've found some online resources indicating the feasibility of this integration, I'd appreciate any additional tips or recommended resources from this forum. Thanks!

• Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Use Power Automate to integrate data between Dynamics 365 F&O and On-premise SQL server
    Hi, please refer to the MS document about SQL Data Sync that lets you synchronize the data you select bi-directionally across multiple databases, both on-premises and in the cloud:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,361 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,155 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans